LaChoke James

6/8/2011 8:20:32 AM
Terps56
6/8/2011 8:20:32 AM Report Abuse

Let's have some fun here, we are always yapping DM this and DM that, Let's talk about them HEAT's and LaChoke James.  After seeing what I'e been seeing over the past week, does anyone really think he deserves the title King or is the best player in the NBA.  IMO, the Heat would have done well with Wade, Bosh and Durant or Carmelo.  This is just me playing NBA coach from the Man Cave.  Or am I being premature on this subject, although LaBrick only scored 8 points in a finals game.  Hell MJ had the flu and never done that and even Scottie Pippen put in more when he was running the team. 

Let's get some input here!

Reply To 1vote up 0vote down
UnitedSkins
6/8/2011 12:01:14 PM Report Abuse
@Terps56

I passionately dislike LeBron James, but I think LaChoke is a bit of an exagerration. Up until these last two games, he's been having an incredible playoffs. He's made clutch shots, and he hasn't disappeared from games. The last two games, I think we're just seeing that between Wade and LeBron, one person has had Finals success before and one hasn't, and one knows what it takes to win a Championship, and the other doesn't. If you ask me, the Heat are still the favorites to win this series. The Mavericks could make it a lot more interesting by winning Game 5 tomorrow night, though. And speaking of not stepping up, the Mavericks could have run away with that game last night if they were just making their open shots. The number of times the commentators felt that they had to point out that the Mavs were getting open looks was absurd. If they had been making open shots, they could have won that game by 15. Dirk battled that fever/sinus infection and I respect him for it, but he also didn't have a good game. He and Chandler committed themselves to rebounding, but if you're Dirk Nowitzki, your primary responsibility is making shots and fever or not, 6-19 isn't a good line.

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
Terps56
6/9/2011 7:51:39 AM Report Abuse
@UnitedSkins

Unitedskins-Although I do not like Labron, I will admit that he has had a decent series like you mentioned earlier.  However, not only are the miss open shots are killing the Mavs, but the amount of turnovers that the Mavs are committing are unthinkable in a final series.

Mamba
6/10/2011 4:04:15 PM Report Abuse
@Terps56

At the start of the season, many of the so called pundits questioned whether Miami would make it to the finals. Thanks to one of the worst midseason trade decisions by a championship caliber team in NBA history (Celtics), they made it. Now, the media pundits want us to believe this thing is easy to win.

The Mavs look like the better team to me. They execute better in the half court..everyone is getting quality looks in their favorite spots...and play tough defense. If they manage their turnovers to prevent easy Miami transition buckets, they have a real shot.

LeBron has never been one of my favorites, but Miami is not quite set as a team yet. The Big Three in Boston share the ball and execute the offense. Miami is still too dependent on Wade and LBJ creating the offense and being spectacular. 

I'd like to see the Mavs win this. Miami will get theirs. But if the Mavs win, the entire media will blame LBJ, which I think is wrong. It's still a team game and the Mavs are the better team...even without Caron.

Mdlax
6/10/2011 11:07:58 PM Report Abuse
@Mamba

The mavs are the better team in this series in my opinion.  I honestly can't stand James or the Heat.  I think they are a bunch of winy, cry babies.  And It is Lebron's fault if the heat lose.  Why did they bring James to the heat? To FINISH!!!! to WIN GAMES!!!  Guess what, he's choking…  Would Jordan have choked with the same shot oppertunities that James has had, NO!  And that is why James will NEVER be as good as Jordan.  Pippen is a complete idiot for saying what he said.  James is nothing but a choke artist.  He is great in the open court, but put him in a half court setting, and he chokes.  

Mamba
6/11/2011 10:34:54 AM Report Abuse
@Mdlax

It was much easier for Jordan to be Jordan than it is for anyone to be compared to Jordan. Everyone forgets how the Pistons used to beat him up and knock him out of the playoffs year after year...how he was forced to get stronger to make it past them. All people remember is Jordan in his prime and at his best.

I'm not an apologist for LBJ, but he's too physically gifted and Wade is just too good for the two of them not to win multiple titles. 

Like him or not, The Decision is He's Taking His Talents to a win in the Championship soon.

Mdlax
6/11/2011 6:11:54 PM Report Abuse
@Mamba

How long has James been in  the league?  A while now, still no ring.  I dont care how many times the Pistons knocked him out of the playoffs.  The bottom line is that Jordan won 6 rings, 6.  This team will dismantle before they win a championship.  If they dont take it this year, their not gonna win one. The bulls are gonna make moves during the off season and they will be the eastern conf. power house.  Plus Jordan NEVER, EVER choked the way James is choking now.  

Mamba
6/11/2011 7:25:55 PM Report Abuse
@Mdlax

The Pistons knocked Jordan out 3 consecutive years. It took Jordan 7 seasons to get to his first NBA finals, the same as LBJ except, and someone check this, Jordan was 3 years older. What does it mean? For me, nothing. I think Jordan is the best ever. As for LBJ, I doubt this season defines his career whatever the outcome because he has a lot of good years left.

There's another thing I think a lot of people overlook here. Wade is on his way to becoming one of the top 50 all time. LBJ has a hugh physical presence on the game because of his combination of size and speed, but Wade is the better player because of his combination of skill and athleticism. I'm giving the ball to Wade when the game is close.

Mamba
6/11/2011 7:42:54 PM Report Abuse
@Mamba

And Mdlax, you make my point about how hard it is to be compared to Jordan's legacy. It wasn't that big a deal when a quality Pistons team beat the Bulls 3 straight years. Jordan wasn't then compared to his future accomplishment of 6 rings. But now that he has set the bar, everyone that follows gets compared to him in his prime...from the perspective of those 6 championships. What made Jordan great was what he had to do and did to get by the Pistons...it was that period of his career that he went from a scorer to a winner. Let's see if LBJ can raise his game.

Mdlax
6/11/2011 7:54:55 PM Report Abuse
@Mamba

I dont kn ow, I guess i'm just tired of people comparing Jordan and James.  It's seems to me that James chokes a lot.  Sometimes he is present in big game and other times, nada.  I grew up watching Jordan, and anytime a game was on the line, he came through.  I dont see James doing that as well as Jordan did.  James also came straight out of high school, Jordan didn't.  So Jordan started his career 3 years later than James.  

I think James in the open court is as good as they come.  In a half court setting, he struggles.  They only reason he gets so much hype is because he is 6'8 and 250lbs, and can jump through the roof.  Mark my words, James will not be the god everyone thinks he is going to be, I would much rather have Wade.  James will be lucky to win 1 ring.  

Mamba
6/11/2011 9:19:06 PM Report Abuse
@Mdlax

Mdlax, on that, you and I agree. Jordan built his game on skill and athleticism. James is size and athleticism, but he has done a lot to improve his skill since he came into the league. But I don't see them as comparable at all and wish people would stop because their games are so different.

Mdlax
7/6/2015 9:45:26 AM Report Abuse
@Terps56

Lebron is a choke artist. Simple as that. 

New Comment

You must login to report abuse. Close