Who would win a one on one game

10/6/2010 10:37:59 AM
MrSmittty
10/6/2010 10:37:59 AM Report Abuse

between Kobe vs Lebron. Kobe basicsally said that he would fry Lebron because thats his game. That Lebon is more of a pass first team guy while Kobe's thing is one on one. I think Lebron might be a little to big and strong for Kobe. I would pay $50.00 bucks to see it and I would also like to the the NBA take out the slam dunk contest and put in a 4-8 man one on one contest instead. Wouldn't that be awesome and so much better that the dunk contest

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
skins100
10/6/2010 12:30:10 PM Report Abuse

it would be cool and much better than the boring dunk contest. One on one is a truer showcase of skills.

MikeSellers45
10/6/2010 12:39:13 PM Report Abuse

If Kobe and LeBron played 1 v 1, you'd pay a whole lot more than just 50 and LeBron would have another TV special about choosing to play called "The Decision II: Time to Blow More Smoke Up My Ass Cuz I Haven't Been Loved In The Last Ten Minutes".

Long title, but it'll catch on.  And I hope to God Kobe would win, cuz LeBron is a soulless prick.

MrSmittty
10/6/2010 1:04:55 PM Report Abuse

Damn tell us how you really feel!!!!! I couldn't disagree more about your Lebron take. I think he is by far the most talented player on the planet. With that said I would agree that he has some serious mental defiencies that most superstars of his ilk doesn't have. I also believe that by going to the heat that he took the path of least resistance, but at the same time can anyone blame a young man for taking a 100+ million and moving from Cleveland to South Beach. The way he did it wasn't cool but he didn't owe Cleveland anything. He fulfilled his contract, gave them everything that he had and he chose to move on. So unlike most people out here I am not gonna turn on him and I believe he will have a great season. I believe (based on the way he play last night) that the Heat is his team and he will be by far the most dominant player on it. I believe they will win the championship this year and that he is too big, strong and athletic for Kobe to handle in a game of one on one.

MikeSellers45
10/6/2010 1:09:00 PM Report Abuse

Keep sippin that Kool-Aid Mr. Smittty.

DCMONEY
10/6/2010 2:16:28 PM Report Abuse

Kobe said he'd beat Lebron in his sleep.  Yeah right, then he woke up.  Lebron would attack the basket at will.  How would Kobe stop him but to foul him?

apman39
10/6/2010 4:24:59 PM Report Abuse

Kobe would absolutely dominate Lebron.  Kobe is actually very strong and one of the top defenders in the league.  His offense is also far better than Lebrons.

KingFelix34
10/6/2010 6:09:34 PM Report Abuse

MrSmitty you wouldn't happen to be Chris Broussard would you?  Because he was on ESPN spewing that same bullshit about the Heat being LeBron's team based on a meaningless preseason game where Wade wasn't even playing because of a pulled hammy.  Also, if LeBron were by far the most talented player on the planet, he could knock down his open 18 footers against the Celtics and wouldn't be shut down by a decent at best defender in Paul Pierce.  Keep swingin from those nuts.  Kobe would win.  LeBron can only drive, and he's not allowed to run Kobe over.  If Kobe were willing to take charges, he would dominate LeBron in one on one.

MrSmittty
10/6/2010 6:58:05 PM Report Abuse

Felix what game are you watching. Like I said I do question his mental toughness at times because he clearly was out of it mentally against the Celts and he still go a triple double!!!!!!!!!!! Well I guess we will see this season. I simply don't understand why people hate Lebron so much.

ballsdeep
10/6/2010 7:00:04 PM Report Abuse

john wall can beat kobe and lebron in a 2 on 1 game

orakpothomas1198
10/6/2010 11:08:51 PM Report Abuse
^ agreed
dcsportfan10
10/6/2010 11:22:37 PM Report Abuse

Lebron James Most Talented Player? Hell no, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant are ahead of him in that category.

Lebron James Most Dominant Player? Absolutely

I think Kobe would torch Lebron in a one on one game. Kobe might be the best pound for pound post player in the NBA. I do find it hard seeing Kobe Bryant stopping Lebron James on defense though, they have two totally different body types, with Lebron's obviously being more intimidating.

KingFelix34
10/6/2010 11:54:13 PM Report Abuse

MrSmitty you must live under a rock.  You don't understand why people hate LeBron?  Because he has a 1 hour special on ESPN to announce where he's going instead of just having a press conference like everyone else.  LeBron James is arrogant and a pathetically poor sport.  That's why people hate him.

MrSmittty
10/7/2010 10:15:37 AM Report Abuse

Actually people hated him long before that. I could see why Cleveland fans would hate "The Decision show" but damn he did donate 3 million to the boys and girls club. He dont get credit for that. He got some bad advice on how to handle that, but people hated him long before that. Some people actually hate the way that he plays, talkin bout all he does is bulls his way to the basket. With that body and athletism was is he supposed to do reign three's all night. He has been blessed with physical attributes and he should take advantage of those attributes. I have never seen a player at his size with that type of athletism and skill sets. I have seen another Kobe (Michael Jordan) I have seen another kevin Durant (George Iceman Gervin only 3 inches shorter) but I have never seen a guy 6'8 260 with the type of speed, grace, athletism, power, and skills that Lebron has. The dude is the reigning 2 time NBA MVP and people talking bout him like he is some garbage and can't play!!!!! That is what amazes me. LOL!!!!!!

KingFelix34
10/7/2010 1:56:40 PM Report Abuse

People hated him before that for the same reasons.  He is an egomaniacal, immature douche bag.  He always has been.  The Decision simply made the ignorant aware of the way LeBron James acts, but plenty of people already knew that LeBron was overly arrogant and a crybaby.  Hands out bitchin at the refs for calls while the game is going on, storming off the court in 09 and then quitting on your team the next year was plenty reason for people to hate him, but most people didn't catch on until LeBron went all out in making an ass of himself.

DCMONEY
10/7/2010 2:04:59 PM Report Abuse

@Mr.Smitty I agree with your last post.  The only reason I hated to see Lebron leave Cleveland is because he was on pace to shatter records across the board.  The only category Kobe I'd give Kobe over Lebron is free throw shooting and Kobe has more range on his jumper. Lebron has him in scoring, assist, steals, FG%, blocks and rebounds.  I just laugh at the hate Lebron gets especially in the D.C. area.  People keep saying look at how he shot against Boston.  Boston when healthy is arguably the best defensive team in the NBA.  Kobe damn near shot the Lakers out of game 7 going 6-24.  The difference is Kobe had to players step up.  Lebron can't be off or Cleveland doesn't win.

That being said Lebron can't be stopped going to the whole now.  In a one on one game, how would Kobe stop him?  Kobe has been bothered when the Likes of Tashaun Prince and Durant has checked him.  Those guys don't bother Lebron.  He goes over them.  Now it takes a team like Boston which plays excellent team defense to get Lebron out of rhythm. Boston gets eveyrbody out of Rhythm though.  People kill me sleeping on Boston's defense.

MikeSellers45
10/7/2010 4:48:44 PM Report Abuse

"he did donate 3 million to the boys and girls club"

Yeah, but he racked in 100million so he shoulda gave more.  He's a asshole, a prick, a douche, and decided three years before this one that he was gonna leave Cleveland and quit then and there.

thaway
10/8/2010 11:15:05 AM Report Abuse

Lebrons bigger and stronger, but what Kobe said is the truth. Not only Kobe not so weak that Lebron, with his strength advantage, could just overpower him every play and there be nothing he could about it but Kobe's game is based on one-on-one. He played one-on-one to 100 everyday after practice in high school to perfect his shots, how to shoot them different ways against different opponents. I always remember 2 years ago when the lakers swept the Cavs the game in LA, when the Cavs started coming back Kobe dominated going head up against Lebron. Back2back post up fall away jumpers that dropped perfectly over a player with a considerable size advantage, Kobe has dozens of shots like that in the bag I dont think I can say the same for Lebron. Lebron's biggest advantage like everyone's said would be to just run over Kobe every play. Would be amazing to watch though.

New Comment

You must confirm your email to post in the forums.
You must login to report abuse. Close