Lebron= Coward

7/8/2010 9:45:15 PM
stags09
7/8/2010 9:45:15 PM Report Abuse

Lebron going to the Heat, diminshes the integrity of the league and Lebrons Legend. Lebron is officially the biggest COWARD in Pro Sports, end of Story.

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
fuckcrosby8
7/8/2010 9:53:07 PM Report Abuse
@stags09

damn theyr already burning his jersey in cleveland. I feel really bad for Cleveland

KROB36
7/8/2010 10:03:32 PM Report Abuse
@fuckcrosby8

yeah that was bad showing him the burned jersey

4Loveofthegame
7/8/2010 10:13:30 PM Report Abuse
@KROB36

So you are saying a guy taking LESS money, to team up with his friends who are superstars to try and win a title is the making of a coward...hmm I think not.  It does not tarnish his legacy.  The guy in your mind cant win unless he what....stays in Cleveland which is a bad market, wins more titles than Kobe and Jordan without anyone's help, and never demands more money or complains.  Let Lebron do his thing, the Heat might be the most exciting team in NBA history.  I cant wait to watch Lebron dominate like he has been for the past few years. 

GC_Oh7
7/8/2010 10:19:18 PM Report Abuse
@4Loveofthegame

This team is going to be AWESOME to watch.  

He gave Cleveland 7 years.  They couldn't give him a supporting cast.  Now he is with one of the top 5 players in the league and a talented Bosh.  Its going to be fun.

WhatRocks33
7/8/2010 10:21:49 PM Report Abuse
@GC_Oh7

No more MVPs for him

prepster10
7/8/2010 10:25:18 PM Report Abuse
@WhatRocks33

lebron is a total douche.  no pro athlete in any sport should be paid any more than the lowest paid teacher in the country.  their jobs are laughably unimportant and it makes me want to puke that people are praising lebron for "taking less money".  F****** bullshit if you ask me.  Lebron is a conceited arrogant f***.  I hope this whole thing blows up in the heat's face

dcsportfan10
7/8/2010 10:38:09 PM Report Abuse
@prepster10

Yea they should make less then teacher, yet we still pay hundreds of dollars to see them play

Littlehoya
7/8/2010 11:24:59 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

i love how he acts like he's taking "30 less million." no lebron, after this 5 year deal is up you are going to make a new deal that pays you that 30 million in that 6th year anyway. it takes the average american years to make ONE million, and he's acting like he's a saint by only taking 99 MILLION. any person who makes millions/year and doesnt thank God everyday and be truly thankful is truly detestable

knights12
7/8/2010 11:31:41 PM Report Abuse
@Littlehoya

Ok, so I think we can all agree that athletes are overpaid, and that teachers and numerous other professions are very underpaid. But its not like the athletes are stealing from anyone. They make that money, and theyre the reason why they can be paid so much. They make roughly 57% of what the league makes in revenue, which might be a little much but really, its probably comparable to most professions.

Regarding Lebron, I think he wouldve been more of a coward if he wouldve stayed in Cleveland. He would have succumbed to the pressure of staying at home and making his hometown fans happy. He did sacrifice by going to Miami. No, it wasnt a big sacrifice, and its not going to hurt his livelihood in any way, but he is taking less money. He will average less points, get less face time, and less recognition. But he'll end up winning at least 5 championships. Yeah, I dont think theyll win it next year, but once they get the pieces in place to go along with the Big 3, the better Big 3, I dont see any team being able to stop them once Kobe gets around 33-34 years old, and is a little past his prime.

Cadet04
7/8/2010 11:34:39 PM Report Abuse
@knights12
Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Print RSS Feeds RSS Cavs Insider Discuss Bookmark and Share
#rightTable{display:none;}
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers
kidkrazy
7/8/2010 11:40:39 PM Report Abuse
@Cadet04

I know Gilbert is upset but that guarantee is a bit farfetched.....

prepster10
7/8/2010 11:37:05 PM Report Abuse
@knights12

it just pisses me off how entitled these guys are.  where would most of them be if watching guys toss a leather (maybe synthetic now bc of that sustainablity green bullshit) sphere through a metal hoop wasn't such a popular form of entertainment?  

BRonEAdams
7/8/2010 11:48:41 PM Report Abuse
@prepster10

where would most of them be if watching guys toss a leather (maybe synthetic now bc of that sustainablity green bullshit) sphere through a metal hoop wasn't such a popular form of entertainment?

who cares? because it is.

dcsportfan10
7/9/2010 12:00:49 AM Report Abuse
@BRonEAdams

I would expect a die hard cav fan to make a letter like that apart of a blog or something, but not the damn gm. Wasnt expecting that, he did so much for ohio over his seven years and now he is probably more hated in cleveland then any other player? Come on now, smh @ Dan Gilbert, i could understand the fans being that bitter but Gilbert or anyone who had any control over the roster over the years should take the blame.

dcsportfan10
7/9/2010 12:01:18 AM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

**majority owner

Willcb923
7/9/2010 12:11:28 AM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

lebron has the chance to win many championships.....not in cleveland time tells the truth and when your average nba career is not to long taking up seven years of it i think its time to move on. good move by lebron just not in a classy manor.

knights12
7/9/2010 12:17:03 AM Report Abuse
@Willcb923

Thats probably one of the most unprofessional acts by an owner in professional sports that I have ever seen. Hes acting like Lebron owed him something, and Lebron doesnt owe anyone, in Ohio, in Cleveland, or anywhere, anything. Lebron probably shouldve spoken to him first when he made his decision, but thats the only thing he should feel pissed off about. Leaving Cleveland, a team with no real potential on that roster, to play with Wade and Bosh, is completely acceptable.

BRonEAdams
7/9/2010 12:24:42 AM Report Abuse
@knights12

well put knights, lebron owes nothing to cleveland. all he did was make the right buisness decision. dumbass fans should be framing his jerseys rather than burning them. 

baseball18
7/9/2010 12:44:18 AM Report Abuse
@BRonEAdams

usually when athletes take less money so their teams can bring in other talent so they can win, they are applauded. both peyton manning and tom brady have done this in their careers and were held in the highest esteem. lebron james just left a year and AT LEAST $30 mil on the table in order to give himself and his new team the best chance to win (in their mind at least) and all anyone can do is bash him for it. for the life of me i dont understand it.

you cant win in this league on your own. you just cant. everyone says that by going to miami lebron has admitted that he isn't the player that michael or kobe was/is. really? mj had scottie pippen the whole way and dennis rodman for part of it--some would even argue that tony kukoc at one point was a top 25-30 player in the league. kobe had shaq for his early titles, and a pau gasol/andrew bynum/lamar odom for his past two. in cleveland, it was lebron, and only lebron. i hope we can finally see what the cavs would have been without lebron. people can argue that those supporting players were good enough, but id argue that they only were thought to be as good as they were because they played with lebron.

lebron wants to win. how do you fault him for choosing to play with dwayne wade and chris bosh over anderson varejao and mo williams?? not only are they two of the best players in the league but they're two of his best friends in the league. lebron doesnt owe cleveland anything more than he's already given them. he gave them every opportunity to build a championship-caliber team around him, and they didn't do it. you certainly can't say he didn't live up to his end of the bargain can you?

baseball18
7/9/2010 12:59:25 AM Report Abuse
@baseball18

and dan gilbert not only embarrassed himself with that letter but the cavs organization and the entire league went down a few notches with him. the letter should have read like this:

"Dear Cleveland fans,

I'm sorry that I personally fell short in assembling the right team around LeBron James from the beginning of his career here. I'm sorry that when my superstar and best player in the league asked me to give him some pieces to work with over the years, my answers were an over-the-hill Shaquille O'Neal, a shockingly overrated Mo Williams...and thats about it. I'm sorry that I staked our entire franchise to the whims of one individual, and I'm sorry that I forgot that this league is a business and not a charity. I'm sorry that instead of trying to put together the most enticing basketball package like the rest of LeBron's suitors, I just hoped that the guilt of leaving his hometown (kind of, since Akron is his hometown and not Cleveland) would be enough to keep him.

I promise NOT to make any ridiculous guarantees, like promising that we will win a championship before LeBron, since that would be foolish. I thank LeBron for his service to Cleveland and wish him the best of luck.

-Dan Gilbert"

That's what I think Mr. Gilbert's letter should have sounded like.

Littlehoya
7/9/2010 1:02:44 AM Report Abuse
@baseball18

the manner in which lebron handled this whole process was un-professional and every organization involved - the NBA, ESPN, etc. should be ashamed.

that said, the letter Gilbert wrote was 10x worse. Lebron James, in the end, was free to choose whatever team he wanted. While Gilbert might say the process was unacceptable (which it was), he is truly acting like a 5 year old who was told to share and had his toy taken away. Gilbert, you had your time with Lebron. You had 7 years to build a team that could win a title. The best you could come up with is aging big men (wallace then shaq) and a past-his-prime player in jamison.

Gilbert will truly regret this letter for a few reasons. One, it truly is embaressment to the Cavaliers and the city of Cleveland how immature he acted. Two, Cleveland will be lucky to win 60 games COMBINED over the next 3 seasons. By then, miami should be on their way to atleast their second title.

Landon16
7/9/2010 8:30:08 AM Report Abuse
@Littlehoya

Who cares whats going on in Cleveland. Who cares what Dan Gilbert thinks. All that matters is what Lebron James wants to do. It's obvious he wants to win. It's been obvious ever since he started trying to bring talent to Cleveland. Truth is, the team couldnt provide what he needed, so he left. He even took less to further prove that he wanted to win, regardless of how "overpayed" he is.

The Miami Heat are going to tear it up. Anyone who says they dont have 9 players to surround those three superstars is a complete idiot. They have everything they need. Those three guys can single handedly change games. Dwayne Wade won 47 games last year with faaaar worse talent, and Lebron has won the most in the league last summer. Add the two. Wont be surprised if they dont lose.

Landon16
7/9/2010 8:31:14 AM Report Abuse
@Landon16

last season*

Landon16
7/9/2010 8:32:52 AM Report Abuse
@Landon16

I can only hope that the Wizards get Carmelo next year, and develop a team that can compete. Right now I think the only team that has the developing pieces to compete against them is the Chicago Bulls.

burns15
7/9/2010 8:59:09 AM Report Abuse
@Landon16

I completely agree with baseball18 that almost any other athlete would be applauded for this, save for Lebron leaving CLeveland. He owes Cleveland nothing, either contractually or emotionally... he laid it out on the line for them every night, and they should be thankful for the seven years he gave them....

The other thing that is lost in this is that yes Wade and James form the best duo in the NBA, but Bosh... no matter all his efforts to the contrary, is not a superstar. Bosh is a very very good player and definitely one of the best forwards in the NBA, but in no way is he a guy who can takae over the game every night. Bosh will floruish with then attention the other two get, but that being said, I think Bosh is being extremely overrated through this whole process

With similar supporting casts, Lebron carried his team to the best record in the leagu twice and the finals once. Bosh took the Raptors to the playoffs only once, and failed to make it out of the first round....

bpride5
7/9/2010 11:02:11 AM Report Abuse
@burns15

I dont Understand why the Cleveland fans thought they had any chance of keeping him. Why do you think Lebron would make his "decison" alot like a holiday if he was just going to stay at Cleveland. That makes no sense. He was leaving as soon as his contract was up, maybe not to miami at that point but somewhere besides Cleveland. This is Professional Sports, not CYO basketball you cant get mad at a player for leaving "your" team, its not betrayal, he just didnt want to stay there its just absolutly absurd that people are getting mad at him. Its not like he left mid contract, his contract was up and he decided to explore new places instead of staying that shithole for the rest of his career, In my mind this makes him a greater player cause he wasnt "cowardly" enough to crumble to his fans request at cleveland and actually make a decision for himself.

Plus Im just siked to watch the heat play next season. Its going to be nothing live we've ever seen before.. (hopefully)

KingFelix34
7/9/2010 12:29:47 AM Report Abuse
@Willcb923

I don't care what anyone says, any titles that Miami wins will not mean as much as a title won in Cleveland.  He's moving to somebody else's city.  I'm not knocking him for leaving Cleveland.  Honestly, he wants to win titles, and I respect that.  For whatever reason, it wasn't working in Cleveland.  Supporting cast, chemistry, leadership, any excuse, but bottom line, it wasn't working.  I refuse to give him credit for taking less money, though.  The man could live the rest of his life off of his endorsements alone.  He will still have an annual salary in the 10 millions.  Smart move to team up with an almost equally talented player and better playoff performer in Dwayne Wade, but an unclassy way of handling it.  An hour special demanded by LEBRON's camp, not ESPN, to spend the first 30 minutes sicing LeBron when he was supposed to make the announcement within the first 10 minutes.  There was no need for him to humiliate his city on National television.  A simple announcement would have been fine, but LeBron thinks he is above protocol and is above the game, the same game to which he owes of all of his success.  LeBron is simply an egomaniac.  He makes it very easy to root against him, and I will continue to do so despite the fact that I like D-Wade.

Cadet04
7/9/2010 12:36:29 AM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

I suggest everyone read this New York Magazine article.  It's amazing.  http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2010/07/lebron_react_never_has_being_a.html

UnitedSkins
7/9/2010 12:56:11 AM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

People who are wondering why people hate on LeBron: Because he makes it easy. His response to calls that go against him is to act like a 5 year old. His response to getting beaten fair and square in the highly publicized scoring title race was to say "The scoring title can be mine whenever I want it. I just didn't want it this year." He's a complete egomaniac. He quit on his team in the playoffs this year. He crowned himself King before he even played in a game much less won one or won a championship.

People who wonder how someone could like LeBron: Because he is undeniably one of the best players in the league and that's enough for a lot of people.

There are two types of people in the world. People who hate LeBron and people who couldn't get off his nuts if you gave them a crowbar. Whichever side of the fence you're on, you're probably not moving, so let it be.

That all being said, a few personal thoughts:

On paper, the Heat are the closest thing to a completely unstoppable team of my lifetime including the Bulls of the 90s. The Bulls of the 90s never featured 2 of the league's 5 best players or 3 of the league's top 10 (maybe even top 5) players

Championships aren't won on paper. There's certainly a chance that this marriage is just not meant to work and if they don't gel and form chemistry, then there are teams in the league who are capable of beating them in a 7 game series.

The Heat are my new least favorite team which really makes me sad. I like Bosh and I love Wade, but LeBron is easily my least favorite basketball player and their success unfortunately now also means his.

The Cavaliers are now my third favorite team behind the Wizards and the Thunder and I would almost rather see them win a championship than the Wizards next season. Almost.

The league's salary cap system needs to be drastically changed or completely gotten rid of. If you implement a salary cap to try to ensure competitive balance as the NBA, NHL, and NFL have, then one team should not be able to afford three of the league's 10 best players.

Whatever hope and excitement I had for John Wall's arrival is gone. We will not be coming anywhere close to getting out of the East for at LEAST five years and probably longer than that.

CocaCola
7/9/2010 11:19:17 AM Report Abuse
@UnitedSkins

With Kevin Durant re-upping with OKC, with Russell Westbrook poised to be a huge star, and with Jeff Green leading a young, strong and athletic supporting cast, the Thunder are in a position to disrupt the projected Miami dynasty.  With recent the recent defections of Boozer and Stoudemire, OKC is probably the second or third best team in the West.  So with a little maturtity, they should challenge for many years to come.

baseball18
7/9/2010 11:45:56 AM Report Abuse
@CocaCola

okc is money.  love the thunder. their supporting cast still needs to develop a bit but they will, and they need to develop a big a man who can score down low on a consistent basis. they traded for cole aldrich which i like. aldrich may have measured out to be a little shorter than he was listed, but he's got a big wingspan and is just generally huge. he could be a big piece for the thunder.

bigolmeat
7/9/2010 11:53:50 AM Report Abuse
@CocaCola

Can everybody relax on the drama? Cadet, the article you posted is certainly the most over dramatic thing since season one of Jersey Shore. Grow up. This is a business. "It's all about winning to me."- Bron 

Why are people acting like Lebron has completely abandoned Cleveland, it's not like this is the first time a major superstar has left the team he started with! Cleveland did a terrible job in surrounding Bron with what he needed to win including a poor coaching staff. He doesn't HAVE to stay anywhere, and the decision in the end revolves around Lebron's interests which is WINNING. I'm sorry if this is too harsh?

The Television program was a little much, but not one to cause lost interests in all sports and ask why am I a sports fan? Absolutely ludacris, we are sports fans because we LIKE sports, not because they are humans that we are not familiar with and never will be around. That NY times article was downright sad how pessimistic and dramatically opinionated it was. 

You do your thang lebron, win some championships. And who wouldn't rather be in Miami than Cleveland? Christ.

bigolmeat
7/9/2010 11:53:50 AM Report Abuse
@CocaCola

Can everybody relax on the drama? Cadet, the article you posted is certainly the most over dramatic thing since season one of Jersey Shore. Grow up. This is a business. "It's all about winning to me."- Bron 

Why are people acting like Lebron has completely abandoned Cleveland, it's not like this is the first time a major superstar has left the team he started with! Cleveland did a terrible job in surrounding Bron with what he needed to win including a poor coaching staff. He doesn't HAVE to stay anywhere, and the decision in the end revolves around Lebron's interests which is WINNING. I'm sorry if this is too harsh?

The Television program was a little much, but not one to cause lost interests in all sports and ask why am I a sports fan? Absolutely ludacris, we are sports fans because we LIKE sports, not because they are humans that we are not familiar with and never will be around. That NY times article was downright sad how pessimistic and dramatically opinionated it was. 

You do your thang lebron, win some championships. And who wouldn't rather be in Miami than Cleveland? Christ.

baseball18
7/9/2010 12:03:08 PM Report Abuse
@bigolmeat

can someone explain to me how people are saying the miami heat arent the favorites in the east?? because theyre worried about filling out their roster? are you kidding me? did you see the supporting class in cleveland last year? did you see how dwayne wade got the heat to 5th in the east with a supporting class that might be worse than the guys around the big 3 last year?

you'd be surprised i think with who the heat will have on their team next year. there are already reports that mike miller is headed to miami. people have mentioned possible a brad miller, etc etc. the supporting cast wont be as bad as people think, and even if it sucks you have lebron james, dwayne wade, and chris bosh.  give me a break. miami has to be the clear favorite to win the east. it's not even close.

KingFelix34
7/9/2010 12:09:05 PM Report Abuse
@baseball18

The Heat have to be favorites in the East.  There's simply nobody else.  Orlando is hugely overrated.  Boston ain't getting any younger either.  Not sure if they'll top the Lakers, but I definitely see Miami in the finals next year.  But hey, they still have to play the game.  Who would've thought that the Celtics would push the Lakers to a game 7 in the NBA finals?  To most they were dead in the water yet they pulled consecutive upsets against the Cavs and Magic.  Sometimes things happen.  You never know.  Right now it's all on paper.  DC fans should know better than anybody that championships are not won on paper.

KingFelix34
7/9/2010 12:11:02 PM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

And somebody spelled ludicrous like the rapper's name again.  Not usually one to bust on spelling errors, but come on man.  It's ludicrous not "Ludacris".

dcsportfan10
7/9/2010 12:14:11 PM Report Abuse
@baseball18

And dont forget about guys like Tracy Mcgrady and Allen Iverson that would probably take the veteran minimum for a chance to get a ring

baseball18
7/9/2010 2:32:09 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

i dont think there's any way pat riley takes a chance on messing up chemistry with either of those guys, especially iverson. but hey, who knows. plus id be surprised if either would take the minimum.

Mamba
7/9/2010 3:30:31 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

Dan Gilbert has no credibility until he tells us how much money LBJ made for him during his time in Cleveland. I think I read somewhere that the value of the franchise went up $100 million. It doesn't take much to know where his loyalties are.

Speaking of loyalties, how many 40 year olds are playing in the NBA? None.

How many 10 year vets are there in the League? Last time I looked, less than five and that includes Kobe and Shaq, two HOFers.

What the average career? Less than 5 seasons. Some people spend longer than that in high school.

What happens if you get injured? Ask Stoudemire. He's had a terrific career including the most productive player in the League last season in scoring out of the pick and roll. The Suns wouldn't give him a max deal because of concerns about his health so he had to leave.

Loyalty has no meaning in professional sports. Get old, get hurt, get gone. Make your money and win while you can because any day it could be over.

All this talk about LBJ is a coward is BS. The guy has crushed every player on the face of the planet who ever tried to defend him. Don't buy in to that Sports Center psycho analysis stuff that they do to substitute for real news.

There has never been a team assembled with three players of this stature in their prime. That's the start of a legacy. No one will ever forget this Miami team. Whether they win IT or not.

I think they will win IT. Riley just proved he's the best GM in the League. If he got these guys, he'll get the others he needs to get it done.

Think about it. In one simple move, LBJ forced every team in the League to recalibrate. That's real power and Miami is the only place it could have happened. Chicago is a little better than Clev from a talent perspective, but LBJ still would have been the primary focus of defensive game plans. The same thing goes for all the other teams he considered. The plan for stopping D Wade, LBJ and Bosh - at the same time - hasn't been written because a team like that has never existed.

Sorry Clev, but this is going to be fun to watch!

olemissfan
7/9/2010 4:01:50 PM Report Abuse
@Mamba

does anyone understand that lebron is just a person?...why the hell would you stay anywhere for more then 7 years without winning a title?..any sane person would love to move to south beach, miami with his 2 best friends in the league to dominate and change a franchise around. I think hes more of a man for knowing that hes not gonna be in the spotlight at all times now. since the first day any child picks up a basketball, his dream is to go to the NBA and win the championship. lebron is simply following his dream. the cavs and cleveland are just mad that cleveland has ZERO chance of winning a professional championship in any sport in our lifetime, thats it

MikeSellers45
7/9/2010 7:25:31 PM Report Abuse
@olemissfan

Uhh...you guys are missing this.  "The King" is goin to Miami, to D-Wade's team.  They won't run smooth like you think they will, it might take one title, but it's not gonna be some super team.  One ring and they'll see how that can't function with three superstars and guys like me and MilitaryRD fillin out the roster, Scrub city man.

Littlehoya
7/9/2010 8:28:20 PM Report Abuse
@MikeSellers45

i don't know about you guys, but i'd much rather have the problem of trying to mesh wade and lebron than the problem of having to mesh wall and gilbert.

baseball18
7/9/2010 11:56:59 PM Report Abuse
@Littlehoya

well yeah, thats why the heat are going to be sick and the wizards probably are going to be bad

BRonEAdams
7/10/2010 2:51:18 PM Report Abuse
@MikeSellers45

mikesellers45, mike miller is no scrub he shot 40% from beyond the arc for the WIZARDS last season. with opposing teams focused on the big three, guys like miller and chalmers and whoeveritdoesn'tevenmatter will get tons of open looks. all they have to do is knock them down. veteran and up and comers will be lining up to play with these three. people are making too much of the fact they they only have four players at the moment. all they need is one solid big man to get dwight howard in foul trouble, should be shaq. they don't really need to go for a PG, just give the ball to lebron and let him be magic johnson. and the notion that the hear are "wade's team" will fade over the next few years. hes injury prone and a little bit older then lebron. lebron will run the show.

Mamba
7/10/2010 3:15:09 PM Report Abuse
@BRonEAdams

Agree ^ except that D Wade will be less injury prone with his new amigos around to help carry the load. Guys like Miller might not see any defense all year! Miller hitting 40% of his shots is better defense than LBJ/Wade dunking 80% of their touches. The new strategy is called "let what's his name shoot it."

baseball18
7/10/2010 3:33:40 PM Report Abuse
@Mamba

the winners of this are also the 3 2nd round picks of the heat: butler, varnado, and pittman. 2nd round picks are far from locks to make nba teams,  but these guys, since they come so cheap, are in line for roster spots. all 3 have some potential to be solid role players in the nba and immediately they have stars to play next to and learn from. i think all three will be solid contributing role players as the season wears on and they learn how to be pros.

WLS
7/10/2010 6:12:05 PM Report Abuse
@baseball18

Labron owes Cleveland nothing!  Owners trade players all the time, and they find out through the media not the owner directly.  This is a business, and he just happen to be a home town kid but he owes them nothing!  He has to do what is best for his family, because be truthful if he went out there and could not play any more they would throw him to the curb so fast your head would spin.  When his money making ability is gone, and the owner has used him up.  They would have put him out to the pasture.  Look at Pat Ewing, and others.  No loyalty, so do what benefits you and leave the rest alone.

dcsportfan10
7/10/2010 6:20:34 PM Report Abuse
@WLS

He has to do whats best for his family?? lol, he could never touch a basketball again and his great grand children would still be set. Its really what makes him and his family happy and where he will get his rings.

Mamba
7/11/2010 7:25:54 AM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

dcsportsfan10 -

That's like saying the Arabs should give away the rest of the oil because they have made enough money. The best decision for LBJ's family is for him to maximize the return on his talents (and that goes for all professional athletes).

dcgogos
7/9/2010 4:02:21 PM Report Abuse
@Mamba

Yea what he said!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

apman39
7/9/2010 4:44:53 PM Report Abuse
@dcgogos

Dan Gilbert did everything in his power to keep LeBron.  Every guy he brought in was only brought in if Lebron thought he could play with him.  Every trade they made was for the short term and they always took on bigger contracts than they sent out.  I mean they even fired a coach after several straight 50 win seasons.  They fired that coach because they didn't think Lebron wanted to play for him.  Dan Gilbert was extremely loyal and dedicated to making sure that LeBron got what he wanted.  Then Lebron threw it all back in his face.  He spurned his city and an owner who did everything to keep him happy.  Gilbert was right to make that statement because he was betrayed, Cleveland was betrayed.  I use to like Dwayne Wade and Bosh but now this whole thing is going to make me dislike that team more than the Celtics.  Screw Lebron because Kobe is and will always be better.

Ppatt78
7/9/2010 7:20:10 PM Report Abuse
@apman39

^ no he didn't. amare almost got traded to the cavs a few years ago (maybe it was last season?), but they didn't want to give up jj hickson, who rode the bench in the playoffs. total incompetence. lebron owes them nothing.

joeylomo5
7/9/2010 11:32:44 AM Report Abuse
@prepster10

Some people are blowing this out of proportion; it's free agency; he didn't do anything illegal or unethical. I saw the comments that Cleveland's owner made, and thought they were way out of line. Yeah, guys have no loyalty anymore, but that's the way it is in 21st century professional sports. Polarized sensationalist reactions aren't going to change that.

MarkGC
7/9/2010 11:51:43 AM Report Abuse
@joeylomo5

LeBron was certainly withing his rights to leave town, but it's tough for a hometown boy.  The guy I would have talked to is Cal Ripken.  Local guy who spent his whole career with one team and is still a God in Baltimore and will be until the day he dies.  What's that worth?  The big difference between Cal And LeBron is Cal got his title early and never felt the pressure to leave town to get one. I feel for the Cavs fans.  I can't imagine how it would have felt if Cal ever left Baltimore.  He was all we had for a lot of years.

CocaCola
7/9/2010 11:10:22 AM Report Abuse
@WhatRocks33
Add New Post

The message your are replying to:
Posted By:  WhatRocks33 
Title:  RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Lebron= Coward 
No more MVPs for him

Posted By:  WhatRocks33 
Title:  RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Lebron= Coward 
No more MVPs for him

I'll take that bet!

goali13
7/10/2010 1:41:34 PM Report Abuse
@GC_Oh7

How can you be mad at a guy for wanting to go somewhere to win championships. This is just like playground basketaball you pick the players that will win not because you know them or have been with them for years no you want to win. He wants a ring. He has everything else: mvp, rookie of the year, all stars, gold medal, all nba first team, shoe deal, clothes deal, he wants the ring.

BRonEAdams
7/8/2010 11:46:44 PM Report Abuse
@stags09

good move for lebron. a championship in cleveland would have obviously been more legit, but you can't blame lebron for leaving after the cavs failed to sign bosh. leaving was his only option. 

someone please explain to me how this makes him a coward? 

New Comment

You must login to report abuse. Close